Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Music to Me

       Music...


         No matter where i am, who I'm with, what I'm doing i can always listen to literally ANY type of music. Yes even "screamo". But at the end of the day when I'm laying in bed i like really soft acoustic music that can kind of drift you away and make you feel lighter or a sleepy sense. A lot of the bands i listen to aren't very known but some easy ones to compare it to that people recognize right away is Bon Iver, Nick Drake, Manchester Orchestra, etc. I think there is something really special about that style of music, a type that you can kinda fall in love to.

        When i used to listen to music i didn't really have an open opinion because you have to listen to what was popular. I honestly do not like pop music, its just all the same. I hate hearing the same lyrics in every song just with a different background beat. Like the other day i was watching the MTV movie awards and someone preformed a song that just pretty much repeated "girl drop that kitty down low"? I just kind of sat back and had to laugh because who actually enjoys that music when their alone? So i can pretty much listen to all music except techno and pop. A song really needs those strong things like an interesting tun and lyrics with deep meaning to pull me in and pay attention.
 
      What i really love to just belt out when I'm in a good mood is old classic rock. Like i LOVE Eddie Vedders voice. But then again i need those times when i can just jam so ill listen to stuff like one of my favorite bands right now "Have Mercy" or "Foxing" and they're kinda depressing but i like it. Also, maybe some Grouplove, The 1975, Haim, The Virgins, Bear Hands, Bleachers, Sinai Vessel, OH WOW the list could go on forever but I'm just going off the top of my head!

      Without music i think there might be less love in the world. I really can't imagine going without it! I mean we have songs for everything, I even remember artist playing when i got my first kiss (john mayor). I don't even know why i remember that, I just think its funny how music can stick with you even when you don't mean for it to.
     
     


1 comment:

  1. Music that you can kind of fall in love to...that sounds lovely. I agree that music can be such a trigger for even the most random (and important) memories.

    ReplyDelete