Thursday, May 7, 2015

Final

Final!

1. Even though i came in at the fourth quarter, there was lots of things in class we did i enjoyed. I liked how you had us remake a painting and then made a way to set up a poem. I thought it was really cool how we really got to express our selves because how flexible you let us be with the assignments. I think when i was in normal English i felt like i couldn't really say what i was wanting to because i was more concerned on grammar and every possible mistake. But writing on my own now feels more free and in this class i think we got more tips on how to bring out the deeper creativity.



2. Being able to see other classmates writing on their blogs was cool because i felt like when i read their work i could connect with them. I think one of my favorite ones  I read was a story of her losing her brother in the army.


3. Setting up my blog was confusing at first, but only because I came in the class at fourth quarter. Once I got the hang of it I liked using it. I don't think I will to continue to use it because I use tumblr. I actually didn't come up with my blog name, Callie Burk did.


4. Sometimes I feel awkward writing in something that someone else will read. I do have a personal one at home but I also write poems in my notes on my phone when I would feel sad. I like being very open when I write so I have to be careful who I share with.


5. Purple
Purple lilacs filling the air
beautiful and delicate
gentle and free
all the little things I try to be


6. I'm choosing this one because it was the first one I did when I joined this class.
Edward Hopper Inspired

         Ever since he was fifteen his dad has had him working the family gas station. His father was tough man, always telling him to keep the place clean, making sure he was always doing his work. As the young fifteen year old grew into his twenties he watched as all his friends left for college and left him and the town behind and forgotten. But of course he stayed because his dad was sick. One of the things his father told him was to always stop what you're doing when the wind blows, stop just for a second and breath in the air and take in your surroundings. 
       With his dad passed he officially took over the family business. To this day he still keeps the place in perfect shape personally cleaning each pump nightly. But really it was just an excuse to be outside on the nice summer nights. And every time there is a strong breeze and the trees are shaken or the long grass is blown over he will always stop and take it in. He knows his father is still there watching over him.

7. I don't see myself having any future in any creative writing. I don't think I am good because it feels really forced. This differs from other writing because there's almost no rules, you can express how ever you want.
8. Whatever path you take in life make sure you choose that path for yourself and only you. Don't base any decisions on your friends, boyfriend, girlfriend, or parents. Its only you in the end.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful advice at the end, Lexi! I'm glad you were with us for a while and that you found some inspiration in our work together. I wish you lots of love and happiness as you move on to the next chapter of your life. Take care!

    ReplyDelete